Quick Clever Cleaning
SERVPRO is sharing (7) cleaning methods in honor of marketing manager, Debbie’s, seven-year anniversary in 2022. Here are some of her top picks for quick & clever cleaning:
- Grab Little Pockets of Time: You will NEVER have enough time to completely clean your home in one stretch. Group cleaning tasks & position organized cleaning tools to grab and knock out housework. Accomplish more with less, when you take note of open moments.
- Simple Shower Scrubber: thoroughly mix equal parts of dish soap and vinegar in a liquid measuring cup; pour into the handle and fill a dish wand scrubber. Leave in your shower to do a quick wipe before turning off the water. Keeps soap scum at bay! (Debbie’s favorite!)
- Bye-Bye Hard Water Deposits: soak a cleaning cloth in vinegar and wrap around faucets that have water deposit stains. Leave for at least one hour. Remove and wipe bye-bye! (Depending on stain, you might need to let it sit longer or use a toothbrush to scrub a bit.)
- RAIN X: After cleaning your glass shower door, spray RAIN X (typically used on vehicles) and watch the water bead and roll off! No more cloudy doors! (Repeat as needed)
- Sponge Makeover: Transform handheld all-purpose sponges with a few easy cuts, to make it fit into an area or object you need to clean. Example-laying the sponge flat, cutting slices ¼ to ½ of the way up the sponge, the width of the grates of a floor fan or small heater. Insert the sponge into an unplugged unit and wiggle & work your way around. See how much you can collect!
- Baking Soda, Vinegar, Salt, Lemon, Coca Cola- a recipe for clean! These household items are essential to have on hand to clean. Try looking up whatever cleaning need you have and discover how these simple ingredients-either alone or combined- can be an effective method of cleaning up!
- Mini Spray Bottles, Q-Tips, Coffee Filters, Old Socks= creative cleaning tools!
Mini Spray bottles=homemade cleaning solutions (be sure to label the bottle).
Q-Tips=cervices, slim openings, direct application of cleaner (i.e.: around sink drain opening).
Coffee Filters=use to clean mirrors & windows streak-free!
Old Socks=put on your hand to slide on top & bottom of the ceiling fan blade, gripping dust pieces.
With everything, remember to spot test what you’re cleaning, to be sure it won’t harm the material.
These quick clever cleaning suggestions will leave you more time to enjoy other areas of life!